Anytime I ask my dear hubby about lunch ideas, he'll just have one answer..."moru curry". Today was just one of those days. I don't have much to complain about because it makes things easy for me too. I made it in a clay pot (mann chatti). It enhances the texture as well as taste.
1. Plain yogurt - 2 cups
2. Salt - as per taste
1. Oil (coconut preferably) - 2 tbsp
2. Shallot finely chopped (small red oinion) - 1 medium sized
3. Mustard - 1/2 tsp
4. Methi (uluva) - 1/4 tsp
5. Curry leaves - a few
6. Dry red chillis - 2
7. Turmeric pd. - 1/4 tsp
8. Chilli pd. - a small pinch ( it adds to the look of the curry...the picture didn't do justice :))
1. Beat the yogurt in a blender to smoothen it. keep aside.
2. Heat the clay pot or any vessel you use for cooking. Pour oil. When it heats up drop the mustard seeds. When it starts spluttering add the methi seeds, shallots, dry red chillis, curry leaves and turmeric powder. Stir.
3. When the shallots change colour to brown add the chilli powder. Pour the yogurt. Add salt. Keep on low flame, so you don't have to stir continuously. Do not boil. After about 7 to 8 minutes put the stove off.
4. Enjoy it with rice, pickle and pappad/ curd chillis.