1. Red Chard - 1 bunch
2. Onion - 1 (medium sized)
3. Garlic (smashed ) - 2 cloves
4. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
5. Green Chillis - 3 slit lengthwise
6. Salt - as per taste
7. Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
8. Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
9. Olive oil - 2 tbsp
1. Wash the red chard under cold running water and chop. Cut the onion into tiny cubes.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds. When it splutters add the chopped onion, smashed garlic and green chillis. When the garlic turns light brown and the onions are soft add the chopped red chard, turmeric powder and salt. Saute well.
3. Cover cook till all the water has absorbed. Add the grated coconut, mix well and turn the stove off.
* Do not add any water to this dish.
* Goes well with curd rice and sambar rice.