1. Chicken (boneless pieces) - 1 lb
2. Corn Flour – 4 heaped tbsp
3. One egg white (optional)
4. Salt – As reqd
5. Ginger - 1.5" piece (finely chopped)
6. Garlic - 5 cloves (finely chopped)
7. Green chillies or jalapeno - 4 nos (slit or chopped)
8. Onion(big) – 1 (cut into big cubes)
9. Capsicum (green/red/yellow) – 1 cup (cut same size as onion)
10. Ajinomoto(Sodium Glutamate) – A pinch (optional)
11. Coriander leaves(chopped) – a handful for garnish
12. Oil - for deep frying
13. Soy sauce – 1/2 cup
14. Chilli sauce – 6 tbsp
1. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Marinate with corn flour, egg white, 3 tbsp soy sauce and salt. Soy sauce is salty, so a little salt will do.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Deep fry the chicken pieces till golden brown. Do not overcrowd, or else you'll end up with steamed and not fried chicken pieces!
3. Once all the pieces are deep fried, move the oil into another bowl, retaining upto 5 tbsp of oil in the same pan.
4. While the oil is still hot, add ginger, green chillies/ jalapeno, garlic, ajinomoto, capsicum and onion. Saute for a few minutes. See to it that the onion and capsicum are not too soft, so that they are crunchy while eating.
5. Add the sauces and stir for a minute. Add the fried chicken pieces. Mix well without breaking the pieces.
6. Add more of the sauces, if required. Garnish with coriander leaves.