I made this dish with lots of gravy, so it would go well with poori as well as rice. I personally love it with white rice and yogurt. Recipe is as follows:
1. Mixed Veggies of your choice - 1 cup
2. Onion - 1 chopped fine
3. Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
4. Mint leaves - "
5. Coriander leaves - a handful
6. Cloves - 4
7. Cinnamon - about an inch
8. Garlic - 1 clove
9. Ginger - 1/2"
10. Green Chillis - 4
11. Saunf (perunjeerakam) - 1/2 tsp
12. Turmeric pd - 1/2 tsp
13. Oil - as reqd
14. Salt - as per taste
15. Water- 1/2 cup for the paste
1. Grind ingredients from 3 to 11 with some water (either fine or coarse paste, depending on how you like the consistency of the kurma).
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add the chopped onion alongwith the chopped veggies. Add turmeric powder and saute for 3 minutes.
3. Pour in the ground paste. Add salt and some water if you don't like the kurma to be too thick. Stir and cook for 1 to 2 whistles. Serve hot with pooris/ white rice/ jeera rice.