1. Basmati rice – 2 cups
2. Mixed veggies (your choice) – 1 cup
3. Priya biryani masala – 4 tbsp
4. Onion – 2
5. Salt – as per taste
6. Water (hot) – 4 cups
7. Ghee/ oil – 5 to 6 tbsp
1. Wash rice and soak for 15 minutes. Wash and chop the desired vegetables. Chop onions lengthwise (save some for garnish).
2. In a pressure cooker take ghee/ oil or mix both. When hot add the chopped onion and vegetables. Sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Drain the rice and add it to the vegetables. Add salt and priya biryani mix and sauté for 3 minutes on medium flame. Pour hot water. Mix well and pressure cook till you hear 2 whistles.
4. Meanwhile, sauté the onion slices which were kept aside for garnish, till dark brown.
5. When done, shift the biryani to a serving bowl or platter and garnish with the sautéed onion.
6. Serve with raita.
* To make it healthier add some Soya chunks along with the vegetables.
* To enhance the taste, you can add mint leaves, either ground or as is.