1. Ripe plantains/ Nendra pazham - 2 nos.
2. All purpose flour/ maida - 1 cup
3. Rice Flour - 4 tbsp
4. Cardamom (powdered) - a pinch or two
5. Sugar -3 tbsp (heaped)
6. Salt - as per taste
7. Turmeric pd. - a pinch
8. Oil - for deep frying
1. Cut the plantain into 2 halves. Make 4 slices out of each half.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients (except oil) with enough water to make a semi-thick batter.
3. Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying. Dip each slice in the batter and drop into the hot oil carefully. Fry each side till golden brown.
4. Serve with hot tea.