1. Rice flour - 2 cups
2. Besan (gram flour) - 1/4 cup
3. Plain flour - 1/4 cup
4. Sesame seeds (white) - 1/4 tsp
5. Jeera - 1/4 tsp
6. Ajwain (carom seeds) - a pinch
7. Butter - 1 1/2 tbsp (melted)
8. Hing - a pinch
9. Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
10. Salt - as per taste
11. Oil - to deep fry
1. Sift the flours together into a big bowl. Mix them along with the ingredients from 4 to 10 by adding some water to make a soft dough. The dough should easily pass through the mould, so make sure it's not too thick.
2. Heat oil for deep frying in a kadai. Meanwhile fill the mould with the dough. Squeeze chaklis on a parchment paper or a plastic wrap in a circular motion. Gently pick them up one by one and drop carefully into the oil. Fry till golden brown.
3. Remove the chaklis from oil and drain on a paper towel. Chaklis turn crisp once they are cooled, so serve after a few minutes.