- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Water - enough to knead the dough (I use some warm milk too)
- Salt - a pinch
- Oil - 1/2 tsp (for the dough)
- Oil - to deep fry the pooris
1. Mix all the ingredients from 1 to 4. Knead well to form a smooth dough. Add 1/2 tsp oil and knead again. Cover with a wet kitchen towel and keep aside for 15 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into small balls. Flatten them with a rolling pin.
3. Heat oil for deep frying in a kadai. Fry the pooris one by one and drain them on a paper towel.
4. Serve hot with bhaji.
- Potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed) - 2 big
- Onion sliced - 1
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Green chillis slit - 3 nos.
- Ginger - 1/2" piece crushed
- Mustard - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Water - 1.5 cups
1. Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Add mustard seeds. When they crackle add the sliced onion, green chillis, crushed ginger and curry leaves.
2. When the onion turns light brown add the turmeric powder, potatoes and salt. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
3. Add water and boil for 3 to 5 minutes on medium low flame. Enjoy with hot pooris.