May 13, 2011
Chicken Potato Curry - with a hint of Sambal Oelek
1. Chicken thighs - 4
2. Onion - 1 large sliced
3. Tomato Paste - 1 tsp
4. Potato (big) - 1 cubed
5. Fresh ginger garlic paste - 3/4th tblsp
6. Sambal Oelek (spicy chilli paste) - 1 tsp
7. Coriander Pd - 1 heaped tblsp
8. Chilli Pd - 1 tsp
9. Jeera Pd - 1/4 tsp
10. Garam Masala Pd - 1 tsp
11. Salt - as reqd
12. Oil + Ghee - 4 to 5 tblsp
13. Cilantro - for garnish
1. Cut the chicken and marinate with little ginger garlic paste, chilli pd and salt (can be done the previous night).
2. Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker. Saute the sliced onion till soft. Add ginger garlic paste.
3. Add all the masala powders, after setting the burner to low. Give a quick mix and add the tomato paste, potato cubes, salt and sambal paste. Mix well.
4. After 2 to 3 minutes raise the heat to medium and add the marinated chicken pieces. Combine everything and pour 1 cup of warm/ hot water. Mix well and pressure cook - 2 whistles.
5. Finally, add chopped cilantro. Serve hot with steamed basmati rice or rotis!